Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sing a New Song- Pastor Phil Derstine

"Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.” Isaiah 42:10
Isaiah is issuing a command in this verse — a command that you sing a NEW SONG to the Lord from your heart. . . a song of rejoicing and thanksgiving for God’s delivering power in your life.
David expressed his joy in song. “[The Lord] hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God. . .
This song came after a great deliverance: “He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.” David saw his life as a testimony to others. “Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. “(See Psalm 40:1-3.)
Nothing can compare with the JOY God puts in the soul of a man He sets free from the bondage of sin. “Miry clay” represents your body which was formed from the dust of the earth. When your feet are placed upon the “Rock,” Christ Jesus, and the Holy Spirit directs your “goings “to and fro, “A NEW SONG” springs forth from your spirit, making your life a melody others love to hear.
Think on His goodness, and sing your song to the Lord today!
PRAY: “Father of all music, thank You for putting ‘a new songs’ in my heart. Give me the words and the melody, and I ask You to add another verse each day. In Jesus’ Name, I pray.

1 comment:

  1. During the '80's when I was in the hospital for months or home in bed because of paralysis with the MS I felt like I was in a horrible pit and my feet the miry clay...Definately nothing can compare with the JOY God puts in the soul of a man He sets free from the bondage of sin. There's nothing like it ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete