Friday, November 13, 2009

"not medically proven"

That's what my neurologist said to me when I told him I was using vitamins, massage & going on a carrot juice fast to treat the MS, and I wasn't going to use the prednisone anymore. I kinda didn't show up at the hospital when he had arranged for my admittance.

That was about 20 years ago.

Later there were those years when I had to use the drugs and go in the hospital.
Found a notepad where I kept tract of the baclofen and oxcarbazapine that I took during the 2 years I was dealing with the trigeminal neuralgia;
"12:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00, 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00" AM&PM
I had to take these pills, one then the other every 3 hours, 24 hours a day for 2 years. Trust me my body told me when I was late or had missed a pill...this didn't include pain pills

During physical therapy the other day the therapist and I were talking about the pain with the TN. She engaged in conversation with me about this condition like she really understood. She said "Well it wasn't like a pregnancy where you knew it was gonna be over in 9 months" That was honestly a part of the anxiety, not knowing when it would end.

I prepared a protien shake for breakfast this morning using a product that I got from the heath food store. I have drinks every morning for breakfast, don't like eggs unless they're raw. This particular brand I lived off of when I couldn't eat during the trigeminal neuralgia. Funny how the senses activate memories! The taste and texture totally, oh my not good. Tomorrow I'll add a candy bar to it =)
..................................
Oh had an MRI the other day. I smile when I'm in there cause I'm thinking about that link I have which talks about how 'tongues activate a certain part of our brain'
SO I'm praying in tongues the entire time hoping the technicians are wondering whats going on! ^_^

1 comment:

  1. How did the pain stop? Forgot to mention
    Microvascular decompression (MVD)neurosurgery. Instead of damaging the trigeminal nerve, MVD involves relocating or removing blood vessels that are in contact with the trigeminal root, and separating the nerve root and blood vessels.

    During MVD, the doctor made an incision behind the ear on the side of the pain. Then, through a small hole in the skull, part of the brain was lifted to expose the trigeminal nerve. Any artery in contact with the nerve root is directed away from the nerve, and the surgeon placed a balloon between the nerve and the artery.

    ReplyDelete